Style of Play
Tactics and strategies are adapted to the unique abilities of the players.
During games and practices, the style of play of teams that I coach emphasizes certain consistent principles.
- Shoot open shots.
- All players should handle the ball.
- Practice correct footwork.
- Pass the ball around the defense.
- Execute the little things.
- Pressure the basketball the length of the floor.
- Defend ball screens aggressively.
- Run in transition and headman the ball.
- Create and maintain a one-second advantage.
- Be physical.
- Move without the ball.
- The ball never sticks.
- Get the ball into the paint.
- Pass up a good shot for a great one.
- Attack the defense twice.
Thinking the Game
- Make decisions quickly.
- Anticipate the next play.
- Exploit small advantages.
- Utilize the rules effectively.
- Make adjustments during the game.